Caroline Cavanagh's Adding Zest on Facebook Caroline Cavanagh's Adding Zest on Google Plus Caroline Cavanagh's Adding Zest on Linked In Caroline Cavanagh's Adding Zest on Twitter Caroline Cavanagh's Adding Zest on You Tube
“ I have come such a long way from who I was when you first met me. With your help I have been able to put my past into perspective and not let it control me any more. I am so much happier now than I have been in a long time”
Jennifer



Case Studies


Case Study 19

Client: : Sonny
Condition: Aversion to chicken

Sonny is in his mid 70s. He contacted me to ask if I could help him overcome and aversion to chicken – a meat he had been unable to eat since very early childhood. The mere thought of eating it created nausea and revulsion.

The aversion had caused him some minor embarrassments at social functions over the years but a recent medical diagnosis had resulted in the need to drastically change his diet. He had been advised to adopt a high protein, low fat diet. He was not keen on beef, could not eat pork for religious reasons, and lamb was too fatty. Thus the variance in his diet had become very limited making it even harder to stick to the new regime.

Sonny had some preconceptions about hypnosis but had been encouraged by neighbours and family to, “give it a go, as after all, what have I got to lose!”

In the first session we successfully recalled an experience directly relating to chickens. Reviewing that memory (known as regression) allowed a significant change in his attitude to eating chicken. At the end of this first session, he felt as if the issue had been “75% resolved”. The remaining 25% however did not have anything to do with the aversion - and this is very common. This new problem was related to what we call the “what if monkey” – that part that lives within most of us that jumps up and asked, “What if I .....” and in Sonny’s case, “What if I fail?”

The second session addressed this issue and the following feedback was received from Sonny shortly afterwards. In his own words:

“The problem is now resolved. The fact I eat poultry now after over 70 years abstinence must mean a significant change has occurred. In addition, my wife, adult children and grand-daughter are so pleased with the change in my acceptance of eating poultry.”

Like many people, Sonny was nervous of the concept of hypnosis. His thoughts post the two sessions;

“I had expected the hypnosis part of the process to be completely unconscious as seen on TV shows. Instead, I experienced some heaviness particularly on eye lids but was completely focused on the dialogue with the Therapist. I was aware of ambient noise but this was disregarded as attention to the dialogue was the principal requisite.”

Sonny has since recommended Adding Zest to a neighbour, referral being the highest form of recommendation.
Caroline Cavanagh promotes emotional and mental health via the wonder of hypnotherapy through her company Adding Zest of Salisbury Wiltshire.